Monday, December 12, 2011

December

I recently inputted $950 and am going to go through the setup. I think I will run them in my computer room. But I will need to put new inputs etcetera. But with 950, I think we can work around that. I am trying to pick up 4% for the $950. Making the game worth $23,750, and raising my ownership to 17%. I think that stock is also in our future, but for now, finance is fine.

Now I think that PostgreSQL is the only concern. Then PHP. Then later Header, Footer, logo and the rest of the HTML will be inserted. For the weeks of the 19th I want to do the Database. Then the weeks of the Jan 17th I will do the PHP until early February. I think development will be worked out until March. Meaning the Servers:

Ajax  - 512 MB RAM, Pentium
Will do the Homepage, and the first pages.

Priam - 2 GB RAM, Pentium 4
Will do the Beta Games, and the first few

Achilles - 4 GB RAM, AMD Phenom
Will do the Main Games, and will be built on call, as I have the pieces


So once PostgreSQL is done, we should have clear sailing. And thank you to all who have waited since, wargames.com (something like that), and are here, and soon will be at Etraga. By June we hope the Beta will be open. I think this beta will be of 4000, and will be Free. We support Open-Source. We support Free Software too! But we will not be open-source, sorry. We will be closed source, but supporters of Open-source, and we are a PHP, game that is why. We will be free though, so don't think that you have to pay for anything, but we will have buyable addons.

These addons will be near:
25% more of each resource ; 4 Etrags for a week
Autobuild ; 2 Etrags
EtragaPlus ; 10 Etrags a week
  • A 14x14 map to help
  • Better messaging
  • and many extras
Que ; You will have an extra page, allowing you to make a time and a building to build ; 1 Etrag each
 MANY MORE TO COME

But for now I will just write what we hope to be near in the pricing:
10 Etrags ~ $3.99
25 Etrags ~ $6.99
50 Etrags ~ $12.99
100 Etrags ~ $20.99
250 Etrags ~ $45.99

I think this will be the beta. And if the game makes a profit of 10k+ We will add to the game :
Winner : System76 Lemur Netbook: Lemur Laptop $615
2nd Up : A Meerkat Nettop
The top Alliance: An Ubuntu CD (OS)
The top Attacker: An Ubuntu CD (OS)
The top Defender: An Ubuntu CD (OS)
25 people raffled from the best: An Ubuntu CD (OS)

The Lemur Laptop is very nice and a personal pick
The Meerkat Nettop doesn't come with a screen; sorry
Ubuntu CDs are very useful. If you feel Windows is failing switching to Ubuntu as 35 Million have might be a great idea, or Dual-Booting (its a good idea looking it up ;)
Multiboot - Old article

So I hope to show about $1200 will be spent on our customers. To reach our goal of 10k, we need to make 14k in 8 monthes with 4500 people. So I think if everyone puts $3, which will most likely be close to the average, we should be fine. As we have a debt of 2500 already. So this will be the Challenge server. And We pledge not to use Proprietary software. And we will add Ubuntu Phones, everything.

So I hope the game will be a success and the truth is that most likely, we will end up sending gifts of money to the winners of the challenge server.

PS I am sure the Challenge Servers will be very competitive so we will have steps to it, so no new players get into the madness, and that the most professional get in.

So thank you and farewell!
Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment